At JACO we are committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and anyone with access to our work area(s). To meet this commitment, all relevant legislation and our own safety rules will be adhered to by all levels of management, our employees and sub-contractors. Management, supervisors, and workers each have specific responsibilities in upholding our standard of safety (see Assignment of Responsibilities). JACO’s health and safety philosophy is that safety is our top priority. Our ultimate goal is to have zero workplace incidents, accidents, or injuries.
We recognize the following as key principles to our safety program:
- All workplace accidents are preventable.
- No job or production schedule is more important than the health and safety of an employee.
- All levels of supervision are responsible for the health and safety of workers under their care.
- All Supervisor and Management Meetings must include discussions of Health and Safety.
- All employees have a right & responsibility to themselves, their families, their fellow workers and this employer to work safely.
- All employees have the right and responsibility to contribute toward improved safe working performance.
- All employees have the right and responsibility to refuse and report work that poses imminent danger to themselves or other workers.
To ensure a safe and healthy workplace Jaco has implemented a number of policies and procedures, some of which are listed below. All management and staff have access to these policies and procedures and have been received training pertinent to these policies and procedures where applicable.
Our Health and Safety Policies include:
- Accident/Incident Reporting.
- Safe Work Practices & Safe Job Procedures.
- Preventative Maintenance.
- Personal Protective Equipment.
- Bucket Truck Rescue.
- Confined Space.
- Emergency Fire Procedures.
- Employee Orientation.
- Tailboard Meetings.
- Return to Work Procedure.